Your privacy is important to us, and we ask that you read this Policy carefully to be informed about our practices. By using our Services, you agree that your information may be collected, stored, shared, and used as described in this Policy. By using our Services, you consent to the collection, use and sharing of your personal information. Please note that you may withdraw consent at any time in writing.
What information we collect and How we collect it
We may collect:
- DIRECTLY: information about you that you give us either in person or by corresponding with us by e-mail, on our social media channels, via our website, or otherwise (for e.g., your name and contact information, including your email and mailing address); and
- INDIRECTLY: information about how your visit our website (for e.g., we may automatically collect certain information about how you access our website. Examples include Internet browser, O/S, device and application identifiers, IP address and geo-location information, access times and dates, referring and exit pages and URLs, clickstream data, search terms, pages viewed, time spent on pages, bounce rate and login frequency. When you access our website on a mobile device, we may obtain information about your location and mobile device, including a unique identifier for your device for legitimate business purposes).
What we do with the information we gather
We use your information for the following legitimate business interests:
- to provide you with a smooth and efficient client experience, including, keeping you informed about artists and events that we think you may find interesting and making sure you receive updated information on our business activities;
- to communicate with you, including carrying out our obligations arising from any agreements entered into between you and us, and providing the services you have requested;
- administering our website and for internal operations, including our own marketing and research purposes; and
- complying with legal and regulatory obligations.
Sharing your information
Except as expressly set out in this Policy, we will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
The personal information you provide to us may be shared with third party companies, agents, contractors, service providers or affiliated companies if this is necessary to provide you with our services, respond to your inquiries or for any of the purposes described in this Policy.
We may also share your personal information if we believe that such sharing is reasonably necessary to: (i) comply with any law, regulation, legal process or governmental request (such as search warrants, subpoenas or court orders), which may include responding to legal requests from jurisdictions outside the United States; (ii) enforce our other policies or agreements with you, or investigate potential violations; (iii) detect, prevent or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues; (iv) protect or enforce the rights or property of us, you, or any other person or entity; or (v) prevent physical harm to any person, including situations involving possible violence or self-harm.
At any time, you have the right:
- to request a copy of any personal data which we hold about you;
- to revise your personal data, if you consider that the information we are holding is inaccurate;
- to ask us to delete your personal data, if you consider that we do not have the right to hold it;
- to withdraw consent to our processing of your personal data (to the extent such processing is based on previously obtained consent); and
- to ask us to stop or start sending you promotional and informational messages as described below in the marketing section.
Any request from you for a copy of your personal data must be in writing and we will try to respond within a reasonable period and in any event within 30 days.
We aim to ensure that the information we hold about you is accurate at all times. To assist us in ensuring that your information is up to date, do let us know if any of your personal details change by emailing to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Promotional messages about SEIZAN Gallery
If you are one of our clients or have otherwise agreed to be contacted, we may use your personal information to send you information about SEIZAN Gallery events, our artists and available works of art. You can unsubscribe from receiving them at any time, details of how to unsubscribe will be included on the mailings we send you.
You also have the option of "unsubscribing" from our mailing list at any time thereby disabling any further such e-mail or other communication from being sent to you by emailing email@example.com. We will action any opt out request from you without delay.
How long will we keep your information?
We will keep and use your data as described in this Policy for (i) as long as is required for the purposes set out above; (ii) as long as is necessary to comply with any tax, legal, and/or other regulatory requirements; and (iii) to protect and defend against potential legal claims. This will involve us periodically reviewing our files to check that information is accurate, up-to-date and still required. If you opt out from receiving promotional messages from us, we will retain your information to enable us to respect your wishes to not be contacted for marketing purposes.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. You should be aware, however, that the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure and therefore we do not guarantee the security of data you transmit to our website or via email.
Links to other sites
Certain features of our site will allow for social networking. You should ensure when using these features that you do not submit any personal data that you do not want to be sent, collected or used by other users.
Request for information
Some jurisdictions have laws that give people the right to access or correct their personal information which a company has about them. We will honor any statutory right you may have to access or correct your Personal Information that we have in our records, and you can email such requests to firstname.lastname@example.org. However, please note that even if you have a legal right to request access to information or to correct information, as permitted by applicable law, we may reject requests that are unreasonably repetitive, would require disproportionate technical effort (for example, developing a new system or materially changing an existing practice), would jeopardize the privacy of others, or would be extremely impractical to fulfill (for example, requests to access information located on backup systems).
If you have questions about this Policy, or would like to know what personal information we hold about you, or would like to update, delete, or request access to such personal information, you may contact us by email sent to email@example.com, or by postal mail sent to address below:
SEIZAN Gallery New York
521 W 26TH ST. BASEMENT B
NEW YORK, NY 10001
Attention: Gallery Director
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. However, this may prevent you from taking full advantage of our website.
We do not knowingly collect or solicit information from person under the age of 18 and we do not knowingly provide access to our website or market our Services to anyone under the age of 18. No one under the age of 18 should submit any personal information to us and/or our website.
Changes to this Policy
Our business changes with time, and our Policy will change also. We reserve the right to change this Policy, without prior notice, at any time at our sole discretion. For example, and without limitation, we may change this Policy to reflect changes to the law or changes to our Services. All changes to this Policy will be effective when posted on our Services, or at such later date as may be specified in the updated Policy. We will notify you of any changes to this Policy by posting the updated Policy on our Services, and you agree to review this Policy regularly and inform yourself of all applicable changes. By continuing to use our Services after any changes to this Policy become effective, you agree to such changes and the updated Policy. Unless we notify you otherwise, the current version of this Policy will apply to all information that we have about you.